Are you Sophomore In High School interested in art & design? Apply To The Parsons Scholars Program!
What is the Parsons Scholars Program?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a two-and-a-half-year college preparation and access program that centers students of color from low-income backgrounds as they explore their individual interests in art and design. The core of Parsons Scholars programming focuses on helping students from New York City high schools in grades 10-12 discover a multitude of ways in which art and design skills and creative/critical thinking effectively support and build communities, leverage social change, and can lead toward vibrant, creative futures. Using close mentorship models and interventions, the Parsons Scholars Program creates a college-going culture for scholars and their families and helps prepare them for future studies at competitive colleges and universities, including The New School’s Parsons School of Design.
Over the course of two and a half years, Parsons Scholars explore a wide variety of studio subjects in Parsons Pre-college Academy classes on Saturdays and during Summers. All costs associated with the program are covered by a pre-college scholarship.
How to Apply
HOW DO I APPLY?
- RSVP and Attend an info session event | RSVP Here > https://tinyurl.com/PSPInfo2022
- We recommend the in person event | Saturday October 15 from 3:30pm-5:00pm
- If you miss the in-person event, attend the make-up virtual info session | Wednesday, October 19 from 6-7pm | Use the following Zoom Link > https://tinyurl.com/PSPZoomInfoSession-Oct19
- Info sessions are required for applicants but are also open to parents and educators
- Submit a complete online application no later than 10/28/22 @ 10pm | TO APPLY, VISIT > https://tinyurl.com/PSPApplicationFall2022
- Regularly check the primary email you provide in your application for updates regarding your application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
212.229.8933 x 2138
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
- Tuition for Parsons Pre-College courses
- Art supplies for courses taken
- Metrocards for all programming
- Meals during programming
- Guidance through the college application process
- Support from college mentors and advisors
- 6 college credits upon completion
- College/Career prep
- Writing Workshops and Support
What is expected of Parsons Scholars?
- Full and on-time, in person attendance to programming on Saturdays (9AM-5PM) during the School year and weekdays during a portion of the Summer.
- Active participation in ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
- Timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
- Monthly meetings with advisor
Who is Eligible?
- 10th Graders From Nyc Public Schools
- Demonstrate Financial Need (Determined By Ny Heop Guidelines.
- Possess A Strong Commitment To Art And Design Studies
- Have A Strong Interest In Studying Art And Design In College
- Have Limited Access To Art And Design Opportunities And Guidance Through The College Application Process
- Are From Any Immigration Status, Including Undocumented Students