Are you sophomore in high school interested in art & design? Apply to the Parsons Scholars Program!
The Fall 2023-24 Application Is Closed
What is the Parsons Scholars Program?
The Parsons Scholars Program is a 2.5 year college preparation and access program that centers artists of color as well as students of color who are financially NYS Opportunity Program eligible. Students receive artistic, academic, emotional and financial support as they explore their individual interests in art and design. The core of Parsons Scholars programming focuses on helping students from New York City high schools in grades 10-12 discover a multitude of ways in which art and design skills and creative/critical thinking effectively support and build communities, leverage social change, and can lead toward vibrant, creative futures. Using close mentorship models and interventions, the Parsons Scholars Program creates a college-going culture for scholars and their families and helps prepare them for future studies at competitive colleges and universities, including The New School’s Parsons School of Design.
Over the course of 2.5 years, Parsons Scholars explore a wide variety of studio subjects in Parsons Pre-College Academy classes on Saturdays and during summers. All costs associated with the program are covered by a Pre-College scholarship.
How to Apply
Please note, the fall 2023-2024 application cycle is closed. Thank you to all who applied, we look forward to welcoming the class of 2026 cohort!
- RSVP and Attend an info session event | RSVP Here
- Session 1 | Saturday, September 30, 2023 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Session 2 | Saturday, October 14, 2023 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Info sessions are required for applicants and are also open to parents and educators
- Submit a complete online application no later than Friday, October 20,2023 at 11:59 PM | Apply Here
- Regularly check the primary email you provide in your application for updates regarding your application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
- Tuition for Parsons Pre-College courses
- Art supplies for courses taken
- Metrocards for all programming
- Meals during programming
- Guidance through the college application process
- Support from college mentors and advisors
- 6 college credits upon completion
- College/Career prep
- Writing Workshops and Support
What is expected of Parsons Scholars?
- Full and on-time, in-person attendance to programming on Saturdays (9AM-5PM) during the school year and weekdays during a portion of the summer.
- Active participation in all classes, workshops, field trips and events
- Timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
- Monthly meetings with advisor
Who is Eligible?
- 10th graders from NYC public schools
- Demonstrate financial need (determined by NY HEOP guidelines)
- Possess a strong commitment to art and design studies
- Have a strong interest in studying art and design in college
- Have limited access to art and design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
- Are from any immigration status, including undocumented students