If you missed the Mandatory info session on October 1st, Please RSVP and a recording of the info session will be shared with you to satisfy this requirement. All students who RSVP before the application deadline will receive the recording upon filling out the form.
The Parsons Scholars Program is a free 2 1/2 year program for NYC public school students from low-income backgrounds who are interested in art and design. Accepted students participate from 10th through 12th grade.
All costs associated with the program are covered by a pre-college scholarship. Applications are accepted from 10th graders every October and students are notified by January.
Check the quick links to the left or the "How to apply" section below. Step 1: RSVP here for the 2021 session
How to Apply
- RSVP Here to receive a link to a recording of the required info session that took place on Friday, October 1, 4-5:30 on Zoom.
- Download the 2021 info booklet to prepare your documents for the application.
- Submit the Online Application by Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at 10:00pm. Includes contact information, activities/interest, household income, and a portfolio of 5 images. Applications can't be saved and must be completed in one sitting.
- Request that one recommender complete the recommender survey form by Friday, October 22nd 2021 at 10:00pm.
- Request a high school transcript and email it to ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu by Friday, October 22nd 2021 at 10:00pm.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
- Tuition for 7 Parsons Pre-College courses
- Art supplies
- College guidance
- 6 college credits upon completion
- SAT prep
- Support from college mentors and advisors
- Metrocards for all programming
- Meals during programming
***The fall 2021 semester is 100% online. Spring 2022 plans will be announced by December
What is expected of Parsons Scholars?
- Full and on-time attendance to programming on Saturdays during the School year and weekdays during a portion of the Summer.
- Active participation in ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
- Timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
- Monthly meetings with advisor
Who is Eligible?
- are 10th graders from NYC public schools
- demonstrate financial need (Determined by NY HEOP guidelines. See page 4 of info booklet)
- possess a strong commitment to art and design studies
- have a strong interest in studying art and design in college
- have limited access to art and design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
- are from any immigration status, including undocumented students
- have a C average or higher