Applications are now closed!
The Parsons Scholars Program is a multi-year need-based scholarship program for low-income New York City public school students interested in art and design study. Accepted students participate from 10th grade through 12th grade.
Over the course of two and a half years, Parsons Scholars explore a wide variety of studio subjects in Parsons Pre-college Academy classes on Saturdays and during Summers. In addition to these classes, students participate in workshops and field trips to gain exposure to art and design fields. Attendance to all programming is mandatory. As twelfth graders, Parsons Scholars complete the program with college credits and a Pre-college certificate, and are positioned to make informed decisions about college and creative career paths.
Access the Info Worksheet here, and review before applying!
Please sign up here to receive our latest updates!
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
- Tuition for Parsons pre-college courses
- Art supplies for courses taken
- Transportation to and from class and events
- Lunch after Saturday classes
- Guidance through the college application process
- Support from college mentors and advisors
- Standardized test prep
- 6 college credits upon completion
What is expected of Parsons Scholars?
- Full and on-time attendance to programming on Saturdays during the School year and weekdays during a portion of the Summer.
- Active participation in ALL classes, workshops, field trips and events
- Timely completion of all in and out of class assignments
- Monthly meetings with advisor
Who is Eligible?
- 10th graders from NYC public schools
- Students who demonstrate financial need (Determined by NY HEOP guidelines.)
- Students with a strong interest and commitment to art and design studies and obtaining a higher education in art and design
- Students with limited access to art and design opportunities and guidance through the college application process
- Students maintaining a C average or higher